Hunter Park is located at 8830 Gurley Road, in Douglasville, Georgia. The park has reopened its playground after being closed for renovations since May 8th.
The new playground provides users with access to opportunities to engage in play that were not previously available.
Hunter Park’s new playground is a place of inclusivity for people of all abilities and also reaches across generations. The playground is also ‘Green by Design’.
According to the GameTime/Playcore website, (the company used to provide the play equipment), it is known for having the “first commercially available inclusive playgrounds”.
The company has been in business since 1929 and is a leader in their field. It boasts, of using research to create designs for its clients and also provides a limited lifetime warranty.
Much like GameTime/Playcore, Douglasville Parks and Recreation is also known for its greatness. They have been selected as a finalist for the 2023 National Gold Medal Award for Excellence in Park and Recreation Management. This honor is bestowed to only four park and recreation agencies in the United States of America.
Here’s a glimpse of some of the new playground equipment installed at Hunter Park:
- The Sky Run Zip Track W/Zero Gravity: Promotes inclusivity, is accessible to children of all abilities, and allows for imaginary play.
- Drum Circle: Accessible and inclusive, it provides a musical experience for all.
- Rox All See Saw: Available for people of all abilities, intergenerational, and is “designed for users to transfer easily to and from a mobility device”. It also has high back seats with side rails for additional support.
- The Expression Swing, Xscape Swing, and Modern City Swings: are available to provide people of all abilities with the opportunity to play on a swing.
- KidNetix Twirl: is designed for children ages 5-12. Children can stand, sit or even climb on the nets while the twirl spins around the center post.
The Tilted Spinning Leaf Seat and other playground products are also a part of the new inclusive play system at Hunter Park.
Hunter Park is open daily until 8 PM.
|Friday||8 AM–8 PM|
|Saturday||8 AM–8 PM|
|Monday||8 AM–8 PM|
|Tuesday||8 AM–8 PM|
|Wednesday||8 AM–8 PM|
|Thursday||8 AM–8 PM|
Individuals who would like additional information City of Douglasville’s Parks and Recreation Department can visit www.douglasvillega.gov/parks.